MT-E.8012 ORCA BAY
The MT-E.8012 ORCA BAY is the new flagship analog hardware equalizer from MANULTEC – Smart Audio Controls. The unit stands out with unique sonic character only met by its exquisite beauty. It takes the knowledge and research we cultivated in the last years to the next level, by re-examining every detail to enhance sound and feel. MANULTEC´s sophisticated circuit provides ultra tight low end and vibrant dynamic projection to highlight the distinct sound of the ORCA. The minimal, yet beautiful design offers a timeless appearance and makes this equalizer an absolute joy to use.
• Powerful stereo solid state equalizer with all passive tone sculpting circuit
• Manufactured with premium selected components
• Ease of operation through clearly arranged interface design
• Antique bakelite knobs for comfortable handling (New Old Stock)
• Subbass meter “DUBBY’s Lämple” indicating low frequency content
• Hand-crafted in Germany
• Transformer balanced in- and outputs
• Hand-wound inductors for high boost
• Discrete opamp make-up gain powers the output transformers
• To handle high levels without overloading, the Gain control in 1/2 dB steps is placed • before the output amplifier
• Strictly handwired with VOVOX sound conductors (purum certified)
• Available in two versions:
• Standard: LOW, HIGH, GAIN are stepped switches, ATTEN, FOCUS are potentiometers
• Mastering Edition: All switches are stepped for “total recall”
Functions (from left to right):
• LAMP: Subbass meter “DUBBY’s Lämple” indicating low frequency content
• LOW: low boost (shelf), stepped, + 14 db – 80 Hz / 100 Hz
• ATTEN: low cut (shelf), – 14 db – 150 Hz / 330 Hz
• FOCUS: Bandwidth control, high boost (bell)
• HIGH: high boost (bell), stepped, switchable 3 KHz / 12 kHz, + 11 db (FOCUS: 0) / + 21 db (FOCUS: 10)
• IN: True Bypass, hardwired (switch out)
• LOWER: Frequency selector LOW 80 Hz / ATTEN 150 Hz (switch in), LOW 100 Hz / ATTEN 330 Hz (switch out)
• HIGHER: Frequency selector HIGH 12 kHz (switch in) / 3 kHz (switch out)
• GAIN: + 3 dB, – 8 dB (half dB steps)
Always striving for something special, the MANULTEC brand was founded by Manu Schlindwein and Phil Kullmann in Cologne, Germany, 2015. Based on our experience „if you can’t find what you need, you have to build it yourself“, we decided to put pen to paper and design something new. We are musicians, engineers, designers and adventurers who create tools that reflect our values. We are committed to premium materials only and clear attention to detail, embedded in a minimalistic design aesthetic by Daniel F. Hirth.
Try out the ORCA!
The gear you use says something about you.
Some things will never go digital.
• Input Impedance: > 12 kΩ (transformer balanced with current booster)
• Input-/Output transformer balanced
• Input Level (max): + 27 dBu (1% THD)
• Output Level (max): + 29,5 dBu (1% THD)
• Noise: -87 dBu (IEC-A, GAIN position @ +3 dB)
• Dynamic Range: 114 dB (GAIN position @ +3 dB)
• Frequency Response: 6 Hz – 70 kHz (0/-1 dB) / 20 Hz – 20 Khz (+/-0,2 dB)
• Mains Voltage: 120V or 240V
• Dimensions (W x H x D): 483 x 133 x 147 mm (19” / 3U)
• Weight: 4,5 kg